William composes in the tradition of the 'mystic minimalists' such as Gorecki, Arvo Pärt and Hovhaness.
- He has composed music for eight CDs to date (click here)
- He composes for film scores (click here). The hour-long documentary Entre Marte & Svalbard (Between Mars & Svalbard) for which William composed the film score aired on RTP2 (the Portuguese equivalent of PBS).
- Commissions include:
- University of Redlands, CA Wind Ensemble (in progress)
- Musicians of the King’s Road (Finland)
- Texas A&M
- Orchestra Seattle
- Seattle Philharmonic
- I Cantori di Carmel (Monterey, CA)
In 2013 William published the first book-length history of the glass armonica: The Glass Armonica — the Music and the Madness, a project which took 14 years of research to track down the primary sources and weave together the story. The book includes extensive translations into English for the first time of significant documents in the history of the glass armonica from their original Latin, French, and German (click here).
William has also published a book on Musical Gematria (click here)
A sample page of archaic German
William is one of the few professional players in the world on the ‘glass armonica’ — an instrument invented by Benjamin Franklin in 1761 (it works on the ‘wet finger around the wine glass’ idea). William has performed on the glass armonica internationally, including at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC, and with the Blue Man Group at the Hollywood Bowl.
He has also performed on film scores including as HBO’s Taking Chance and the feature film Beautiful Creatures.
|With the Blue Man Group
at the Hollywood Bowl
|With "Musicians of the
King's Road" in Finland
|At Texas A & M|
William is also a professional pianist, organist and harpsichordist.
|In Hong Kong||At Redlands, CA United|